Transitioning Through the Pandemic
As manufacturers navigate the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, there are several key issues company leaders should consider and steps they can take toward business continuity planning, safety and wellness of employees, and adjusting its communications strategies. As your dedicated MEP Center in the Show-Me State, Missouri Enterprise is enhancing its assistance to help manufacturers find their way through this crisis. For our experts to respond to your needs, we recommend you first take our brief Covid-19 Readiness Recovery Assessment, which will provide you with valuable feedback on where your company’s recovery strengths and weaknesses are in the categories of STRATEGY, COMMUNICATIONS, PEOPLE, and PROCESSES.
This tool will help you identify immediate and long-term needs and solutions. No matter where your company is on the path towards recovery, we are here to help and guide you along the way. Please complete this brief assessment and we will be follow-up with you in the coming days to customize assistance. Click here to take the Covid-19 Readiness Recovery Assessment.
Recovery Solutions for Manufacturers
How We Can Help
Through their combined 300+ years working in manufacturing and 80+ years in healthcare, our experts are here to help you navigate the aftermath of this health crisis to get your operations and people up and working. With a specific focus on helping manufacturers transition through this pandemic, Missouri Enterprise created the Covid-19 Response Team.
Here are examples of some of our dedicated Covid-19 Response Solutions.
Reshape your strategies by building resiliency into your business model and preparing for the next disruption. Our team can help you determine and respond to operational risks as well as identify opportunities to focus on new products and markets.
- Business Continuity Planning
- Business Resiliency Planning
- Supplier & Materials Scouting/Supply Chain Development
- Product Development, Pivoting to New Products
- Market Research
- Feasibility Study
- Covid-19 Manufacturing Network (help us meet the medical community PPE demand)
- ERP Systems
Marketing and communications are crucial in taking steps towards recovery, yet they are often overlooked during times like these. Marketing is critical to remain relevant with your customers and stakeholders. Enhanced internal communications create a greater sense of comfort and increased morale for your employees. We can assist you with communications strategies and marketing plans to ensure your business remains on the forefront during this recovery process.
- Marketing to Customers (Marketing Plans)
- Communicating with Suppliers
- Communicating with Employees
Ensuring the safety of your employees should be your top priority, especially those who have been deemed essential to your operations and to the overall economy. We are here to help your company develop workforce plans to set up safe practices, training for new positions or to produce new materials, infectious disease controls, and prevention. Here are just a few examples of some of the PEOPLE solutions we offer.
- Setting Up Safe Practices at Work
- Understanding Wellness & Hygiene Guidelines
- Infectious Disease Planning
- Returning to Work Preparedness
- Workforce Strategies – standard of work modifications, work schedule and shift changes, work & people flow strategies, remote working planning, redistribution of skills and management team based on needs of the company, workforce phasing plans, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Training – virtual training programs to help you and your team carry on with the work at hand as well as prepare for new roles once operations resume. This includes webinars, remote one-on-one consulting sessions with experts, and more. Here are a few examples of our training: Training Within Industry, DDI, Webinars, Tooling U.
This pandemic has exposed weaknesses in our processes and systems. Every one of us can learn something from this major disruption. Is now the time to review and re-evaluate your systems, processes, layouts and work standards? Are there areas where wastes can be reduced or eliminated? Regarding your processes in place, what has changed and what needs to change to reopen and recover from this crisis? Are you in create mode? Or re-evaluate mode? Regardless of the side of the coin you are on, reviewing your processes to identify efficiency is key. Our experts can provide a new perspective and guidance.
- Cleaning the Workspace (How to clean? What to Clean?)
- Six Sigma
- Cybersecurity & remote working
- Plant Layout
- Value-Stream Mapping
- Organizational Structure
- Energy Efficiency & Savings
Covid-19 Response Team
Our team of experts have decades of experience working in manufacturing and healthcare and have opened their schedules to help your company work through challenges.